Photographing the natural beauty Southern California offers is such a joy. But besides its beaches, mountains, and deserts, it's also home to an amazing array of wildlife and plants. I'm very blessed to have peacocks/peafowl visiting my yard every day!

Some photographs are available on products in our CafePress and Zazzle shops. We've recently added jigsaw puzzles, which make great gifts.

Search this blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beautiful state, beautiful photos

After moving back home to California in 2006, having lived in several other states since the 1970s, I started snapping photographs like there was no tomorrow. I just couldn't get enough of the natural beauty I had missed so much while living in other states. The beaches, the mountains, the desert, the cliffs and canyons and palm trees and...on and on. After taking thousands of photographs it occurred to me that I should offer some of them on products for others to enjoy. I know that when I was living out of state I always thought about home, California, and missed its natural beauty. I frequently looked for web sites, calendars, magnets and so on with pictures of California beaches or other sights that I could enjoy. So here I am, back at home, hoping to serve as an eye for others who are displaced Californians, as I was for so many years, or who just love the sights of this beautiful state.

My plan right now is to post a photograph every day or so that I hope people will enjoy. If the photo is available on products in our shops at Zazzle and/or CafePress, links will be provided.

Comments and feedback are welcomed and appreciated!

This shot of huge rocks being covered by rolling waves was taken at Santa Monica beach; it's available on a variety of merchandise in our Zazzle shop.

Santa Monica beach, California -- click for merchandise at Zazzle



;;;

No comments:

Post a Comment