Photographing the natural beauty Southern California offers is such a joy. But besides its beaches, mountains, and deserts, it's also home to an amazing array of wildlife and plants. I'm very blessed to have peacocks/peafowl visiting my yard every day!

Some photographs are available on products in our CafePress and Zazzle shops. We've recently added jigsaw puzzles, which make great gifts.

Search this blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

There's nothing like a California sunset

There are, of course, beautiful sunsets in many places around the world. I've seen my fair share in the various states I lived in after moving away from California. In fact, one of my favorite memories of living in Florida involved both a sunrise and sunset--over the water, in the same day. My friends and I got up in the middle of the night and drove from the Clearwater/Dunedin area where we lived to Daytona Beach to see the sun come up over the Atlantic. It was beautiful. We spent the day like typical teenagers, enjoying the beach and local sights, and then headed home. We got back to Clearwater and watched the sun go down over the Gulf of Mexico. There was something magical about that day and it will always be one of my fondest memories of both my youth and my life in Florida.

But sunsets in Southern California are just different. They're always magical. There's something about the intense colors--the oranges, yellows, and pinks--that I haven't seen replicated anywhere else. They're more majestic, somehow. And when they're coupled with the Pacific ocean, they're just magnificent.

This photograph was taken as the sun was setting over Redondo Beach.

California Dreams Photography -- Redondo Beach California


;;;

No comments:

Post a Comment