Photographing the natural beauty Southern California offers is such a joy. But besides its beaches, mountains, and deserts, it's also home to an amazing array of wildlife and plants. I'm very blessed to have peacocks/peafowl visiting my yard every day!

Some photographs are available on products in our CafePress and Zazzle shops. We've recently added jigsaw puzzles, which make great gifts.

Search this blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby peacocks FINALLY arrived!



I was starting to get worried, as we were now two weeks beyond the usual date that peahens and their new chicks start wandering the neighborhood. Then, yesterday, it finally happened--baby chicks! The mother peahen was in my neighbor's front yard with her five little chicks. The sun was completely in the wrong spot for good photos, but I had to work with what I had, so I started snapping away. As of today I still haven't had any baby peacocks in my yard, but it's just a matter of time. Once they're here I'll get better photos, but for now here are a few from yesterday:

Mother peahen and her baby peacock chicks

Mother peahen and her baby peacock chicks

Mother peahen and her baby peacock chicks

If you're interested in seeing a lot of photographs of peacocks in varying stages of maturity, please see our earlier post, Baby peacocks in my yard

;;

No comments:

Post a Comment