Photographing the natural beauty Southern California offers is such a joy. But besides its beaches, mountains, and deserts, it's also home to an amazing array of wildlife and plants. I'm very blessed to have peacocks/peafowl visiting my yard every day!

Some photographs are available on products in our CafePress and Zazzle shops. We've recently added jigsaw puzzles, which make great gifts.

Search this blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Baby peacocks should arrive any day now!




Going back through photos I've taken in the spring over the years, I found that the earliest arrival [in my yard] of baby peacocks was on May 14th. Today is May 11th...so they should start showing up any minute now. I can't wait! My new camera, a Nikon D5100 with its 70-300mm lens attached, will be ready and waiting. As soon as I see the first chick(s) and their mother peahen(s) I'll be snapping photos like crazy.

Meanwhile, be sure to check out our baby peacocks post, which includes a lot of photos of peahens, peachicks at various stages of age, and young/immature peacocks and peahens.

No comments:

Post a Comment